Monday, January 21, 2008

Ending after 21 days

After speaking with my father today (who was also feasting for 21 days) I think I'm going to go ahead and stop after 21 days which will be tomorrow. I do feel this feast had been beneficial for me but I know I could accomplish more if I go longer. As I said in the previous post I know I have a lot more emotional and physical detox to yet experience.
I realized after speaking to my father and listening to his vast wisdom that I am scared to return to eating solids because I am afraid I will return to my emotional eating. It is so much easier for me to fast. Of course I do have hunger pains, detox symptoms, headaches, bad breath that accompanies a feast/fast but I did not have to deal with the emotions of will I be able to stay raw today.
I just can't understand why I can't seem to stay raw but I can go days without solid foods. So I am facing this challenge yet again head on.
The plan is to break my feast tomorrow night and I will face this issue head on and try my best to eat at least 80% raw. I can't keep running from the issue. I need to face it and win this cook and junk food battle.

M-

2 comments:

Allison said...

I can empathize with you. I've been on and off the raw wagon several times, but I keep going back to raw because it has always been the best thing for me. Every time I go off raw and have the same negative consequences I am motivated to return to raw. I think it's better to keep going back to raw than to just give up, so I refuse to give up! :-D

Anonymous said...

I recently saw a vid clip of Angela Stokes start eating again after 3 months of being on a liquid diet, she looked almost scared to eat the hydrated fruit and kept hesitating. This may be similar to you Sparkle, as if you know of her or google her you will see she lost a phenomenal amount of weight and I think I can see the feeling of fear of eating again you describe in her eyes too. Well done you, what a wonderful start you have made.